When you need to move freight that's small than a full truckload, you have a few options to consider. At Preferred Logistics, we can handle both less-than-truckload (LTL) shipments and partial truckloads. There are some unique benefits about each type of shipment.
LTL freight will pass through a few to several depots, which will result in multiple load and unloads. However, this can work well when your freight is well palletized.
When dealing with a partial load, the freight does not leave the truck until ultimately delivered. This is ideal for equipment and cargo that you do not want handled multiple times.
- Type of Freight
- Weight and Dimensions
- Type of Freight Palletized (Usually less than 6 pallets)
- Weight and Dimensions 100lbs - 10,000lbs
- Equipment Box Truck or Dry Van
- Schedule Several stops and unloadings
- Type of Freight Equipment or cargo
- Weight and Dimensions 5,000-20,000lbs and less than 25ft of deck
- Equipment Flatbed or Stepdeck
- Schedule Less stops and handling. Needs to be flexible on timing
Curious what's right for your business?
Our team will help you decide the right equipment at the right cost.